things I learned
Fifty years of deadlines, inexorable, mostly, enforced by unreasonable people, then by body memory. Some things stick.
– I back-time everything. I can not walk from a room to another without considering anything that could be done efficiently at the same time.
– Situational awareness is a godly- and life-saving virtue. I notice things that shouldn’t be and are, also that should be but aren't. Ya never know where a story might be.
– I know how long five seconds is. I’ve been yelled at about two seconds. And I can count off 20 seconds almost unerringly. Actually, in a TV editing suite, a thirtieth of a second is a real unit of time. Crazy.
– The rule of three. In writing opinion pieces at least three facts or examples or pieces of evidence are necessary to make a point seem solid. A trend piece can’t just have two examples. Gotta be three at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment